Sunday, May 5, 2013

may polish days - the number five

This month's 'Polish Days' challenge theme is 'the number five'.  Such a great theme or jumping off point.  Cinco de Mayo? Five fingers? The Count from Sesame Street? Five colors/flavors of Life Savers? Skittles candy (skittle paint job)?  I wanted to do domino's nails.  No, not the pizza but the game.  Put I just wasn't feeling a black and white paint job (but this idea will be used soon).
*more after the jump*
 
I went with something simple but still has a bit of flair - stripes/plaid.  I used nail art pens to do the stripes.  I love the blue pen but am not happy with the pink pen.  It is too runny and doesn't go on smooth.  Overall though, I like the look.  The combination of the blue and pink lines works well with the purple base color.  I will more than likely use the ring finger stripe look again.

Thank you Hannah (www.pollypolish.com) for organizing Polish Days and coming up with the wonderful themes.  Check out Polly Polish's page if you are interested in joining this great monthly challenge.

OPI - You're Such a BudaPest
pens - Sally Hansen nail art pens (pink and blue)
Check out these other great 'Five' paint jobs:


4 comments: