Saturday, October 19, 2013

candy corn

It's that time of year, the time of year when candy corn is everywhere.  I never buy any but some always ends up in my house.  I actually don't mind candy corn (the fall corn that has a hint of chocolate flavor is best) but can only eat about 5 pieces at a time.
It might not be the best of the holiday candy but it does make for a great paint job.  I actually bought this orange and yellow polish for exactly this paint job (last year though).  You could make this paint job neat and tidy by using tape.  Since my nails are all so different in size, tape would have taken forever.  I found an easier solution.  Base coat the entire nail white.  Paint the bottom yellow, top white again.  The middle doesn't have to be clean or neat because it will be covered by the orange.  Then just swipe the orange polish over the middle, top with a clear coat and it's done.

Sally Hansen - Mellow Yellow, White On, Sun Kissed

No comments:

Post a Comment