Sunday, November 3, 2013

feathers

I tried a real feather paint job a while ago and it was awful.  It just looked bad (think one of the Pintrest Fail memes).  But I have two great bags of feathers that I see every time I open the drawer to get out my stamping plates.
This time I took my time.  I did just the feathers first, the the normal nails once the feathers were dry.  I also went with a clear base color.  It looks a little odd but it works.  I really like the blue feather nail.  It is very clearly a feather.  Now I have gotten better with the feathers, I think I can try one over a colored base polish.
I thought a full paint job of just feathers would be a bit much, especially with the bright (aka fake) feathers).  So I book-ended it with a bright pink.  I like it.  Very simple.

**UPDATED**
The yellow and purple feathers lasted all of 12 hour.  I still liked the blue, so I cleaned up the two naked nails and painted it the same pink polish on the thumb and pinky.
I really like it.  It would have looked awesome with a pink jelly glitter polish under the feather, or even a very light pink.  But overall, this one feather nail paint job looks better than more feathers.
OPI - Koala Beary

No comments:

Post a Comment