Wednesday, December 11, 2013

preppy argyle

Argyle nails!  So preppy.  They look like golf pants!
This was my first attempt at argyle so they are far from perfect.  This paint job takes a while.  Each layer has to be totally dry before continuing.  Start with the base color (1-3 coats depending on coverage).  Let dry.  Paint on the diamonds.  I used three colors but this could be done with one or two.  Let dry.  Paint on the over stripes.  Let dry.

Some tips/tricks I will use next time I try this paint job:
*use a sharpie to do the over stripes, it will help make perfect stripes
*take time to do each step
*use a dotting tool to dot on the four corners of the diamonds, will help alignment and spacing

Wet & Wild - I Need A Refresh-Mint, On a Trip, French White
Sally Hansen - Celeb City
Sinful Colors - Dream On

No comments:

Post a Comment