Saturday, September 8, 2012

pile of dots


I love this polish job.  It is very subtle yet fun and whimsical.  No accent nail this time because each nail is different yet the same pattern/idea.  The base is a deep blue/purple with three different dot colors.

Oh, did I forget to mention that I ordered a bunch of nail art tools & such online last week.  A couple of the items are coming from Hong Kong so they will take a while.  But my dotting tools came in.  To do dots before I was using a tooth pick.  Wow, now I am spoiled with the dotting tools.  They are so easy to use and produce such perfect little dots.  I also got a set of nail brushes but have been too scared to try them out yet. Soon, very soon.  The ideas are swirling.

The nice thing about today's paint/style is that I can easily adapt it for almost anything.  This would be great with some fall colors.  during winter with some winter blues/silver.  Even during spring.  I think I have just found a new top do in my simple to go.  It takes maybe three extra minutes to do the dotting, so it is a good quick fun polish job.

Sinful Colors - Mesmerize, Why Not, Rise & Shine
Sally Hansen - White On

Do you have dotting tools?  How awesome are they?  Any other nail tricks that you can use the dotting tools for?

No comments:

Post a Comment