Friday, September 28, 2012

Black & Gold



I'm not sure where I was going with this paint job but I like the way it turned out.  I couldn't get a photo where the gold in the polish really comes through.  It is more of a silver gold but it still has those yellow undertones.  The accent nail (to start) is the pinky on each hand.  One hand had black glitter with a little gold and the other was gold glitter.  Since the gold of the glitter and the gold polish didn't really match, the golden pinky looked a little funny.

After a day with this paint job, I got a little bored of it so decided to spice it up a little...





I added some black rhinestones.  Here you can see golden pinky and how it just looks a little odd with the polish.  A silver polish and silver glitter would have been better, there is always next time.  I do like the rhinestones, they add a bit of edge.





If I do this type of polish job again, I will skip the pinky glitter.  I will also do all nails the same except the middle and I will just invert those colors (ie the stamp on the other will be the base and the base on the other will be the stamp).  I think it would pop with the right colors and the right rhinestones.

Sinful Colors - Zincing of You, Black on Black
Plate - Cheeky CH7

Do you have any colors that don't come out quite like you thought it would?  Can anyone recommend a good polish that is gold?  Not gold glitter but a solid gold color?

No comments:

Post a Comment