Friday, September 21, 2012

Water Flowers


The hounds tooth was too simple now that I had so many options to pick from.  I decided to do a quick polish that I knew didn't have to last too long (back in the kitchen over the weekend).  I am still working on getting the stamp to be in the center of the nail.  It is harder with these individual stamp designs verse the whole nail pattern.  It doesn't look bad being off center with this flower, but some other images might look a little funny.  I only gave one polish coat with the purple/maroon polish (over the base coat).  The pinky only had one coat of white.  While both the thumb and pinky were still wet, I gave them a little glitter fade.  The stamp was easy and quick especially since I only had to wait for one color polish coat to dry.  The rhinestone was just stuck on with a little base coat.  I like some things about this paint job but I don't know if I will ever do it like this again.  Maybe just the flower on one finger and the glitter on another.  There is a lot going on and seems busy even though there are only three colors used.

MAC -Dark Angel
Sally Hansen - White On
Plate - Cheeky CH2

What do you consider too much for a paint job?  Do you think this paint job was too busy?  Do you have any tips/tricks to getting a single image stamp in the center of the nail?

No comments:

Post a Comment