Sunday, July 7, 2013

fishnets

This paint job has been in my idea file for a long time.  I needed longer nails to make it really work.  And since I have long nails right now, it was time to try it.  I added a red pinky to break it up a bit.  It could either be a red shoe, a red sole of a shoe or even red lips.  It makes the fishnet nails a bit sexier.
I need a bit of practice with doing the tips, the lines are a bit wonky.  I am happy with the stamping.  The lines came out perfectly and I somehow got them all in the same direction.
This is a very easy look to accomplish.  I went with two nude coats and two red on the pinky.  After the polish is dry, time to stamp.  Simply stamp on the criss-cross with black polish.  Concentrate on the lower part of the nail.  If you miss some of the nail tip, that is fine since it will be covered with the black polish.  Since this stamping is so fine, it dries really quickly.  Use the brush that comes with the black polish and do the tips.  Let it dry before doing the top coat.  That is it.  Super easy.  This would also look great with a deep bronze or even a gold-ish polish.  It would have a different feel but still work.

OPI - Coney Island Cotton Candy, Malaga Wine
Sinful Colors - Black on Black
plate - no name, Claires

No comments:

Post a Comment