Monday, July 1, 2013

ruby red

I went to a bridal shower yesterday.  I also made the dessert and chocolate truffles.  I didn't have time to repaint my nails before the mid-day shower (I took my polish off before making anything).  I just had time for a quick nail-protein-hardener-etc clear coat before leaving.  When I got to the party, I kept on getting asked what special paint job I did for the shower.  A few really didn't understand why I didn't have time to do some elaborate paint job and make everything for dessert.  I guess that is what happens when you always have crazy/special/painted nails.  I draw the line at losing sleep so I can paint my nails.  Plus, I hate waking up in the morning with fabric indents on my nails.
This was a quick paint job.  Just a sparkly red (almost magenta) on four nails.  Then a simple basic red on the middle with a matte top coat.  Looking at it now, I wish I had switched the paints around.  The bright glitter polish would really pop if it was just the accent finger.

OPI - Got the Blues for Red, You Only Live Twice

No comments:

Post a Comment