Tuesday, October 2, 2012

ocean in the 70s


I had no idea where I was going with this paint job but I love the end result.  It is a little bit 70s and a little bit ocean.  I knew I wanted to use that stamping plate and the new teal color polish.  I also knew I wanted an accent nail but no clue what to do.  I used this color hex glitter before.  It is AWESOME.  It looks like fish scales (side note - I hate de-scaling fish, you think glitter is messy but it has nothing on fish scales, those things get everywhere, I also have a random fear of touching a whole fish that still has its eyes).  The glitter before was used over a lilac color (sorry, no photo because over all it was an awful paint job) and it turned this golden pinky color.  It looks great on top of this metallic teal.

This paint job makes me want to go swimming.  And now that I look at the photo, it sort of reminds me of a mermaid.  I don't know if the colors on the stamping would work with any other stamp because they are sort of similar but with the circles, they just flow together.

Sinful Colors - Mesmerize, Gorgeous
Plate - Cheeky CH7

Has anyone used this type of hex glitter?  Have you ever done a paint job that reminded you of something but in an abstract way?

No comments:

Post a Comment