Friday, April 26, 2013

modern art

I finally decided to try one of the nail art pens a friend gave me a while ago.  I love it.  It is so easy.  It stays truer to color than a Sharpie.  And the lines are clean and crisp.  For this paint job, the blue lines are with the paint pen.  The yellow and pink are done free hand with a thin brush.
You can really see the difference on the micro photos.  I also love the layering/color change at the cross overs.  It makes the paint job have more depth.
*more after the jump*

A silver accent nail?  Yep, don't really fit with the whole color scheme on the rest of the hand but it still works.
This was a wondering paint job but I really love the final result.  It just says 'spring is here' without being too easter-y or all flowers.
After two coats of white paint, I topped it with two coats of clear.  Let that dry for a looong time.  Did the lines (blue, yellow then pink) and finished off with another clear coat.  Why two clear coats in the middle?
I wanted the lines to float above the canvas.  Do you think it worked?

Sally Hansen - White On, Celeb City, Mellow Yellow, Fuchsia Power
Sally Hansen Nail Art Pen - bright blue

No comments:

Post a Comment