Saturday, September 14, 2013

cupcakes

I have wanted to do a cupcake paint job for a long time.  I finally decided to sit down and try.  I like it.  I need to practice a bit more with the paper cups part.  I got a little too aggressive with the scrapping on the pointer finger.
Overall, it is a rather simple paint job.  The only tool I used was a dotting stick. They sort of do look like ice cream (light bulb - might have to do an ice cream cone paint job soon now).
mint chocolate cupcake
purple frosting with rainbow sprinkles
Why did I add rhinestones to the top?  I only put cherries on black forest cupcakes bit this paint job needed a bit of sparkle.  It does make it look a bit more like ice cream though.  So, for the ice cream paint job, I will have to add a dab of whip cream (white paint) before adding the cherry (red rhinestone).

Wet & Wild - French White, I Need a Refresh-Mint, On A Trip
Sally Hansen - Mint Sorbet, Mellow Yellow, Fuchsia Power, Sun Kissed
OPI - Do You Lilac It?
Sinful Colors - Nirvana, Easy Going, Cool Grey, Unicorn

No comments:

Post a Comment