Saturday, August 3, 2013

bachelorette weekend

 This weekend I am heading up to Napa for a bachelorette weekend.  Not a crazy Las Vegas type weekend, but more along the line of quality time at the spa and reading intelligent literature (cough*gossip rags*cough) while lounging around the pool.
For such a civilized weekend I really should have gone with a sophisticated subtle paint job.  But that is not me at all.  So I went with the opposite - bright purple nails & two neon accent nails.  Then top the accent nails with some glitter gradient.  Nothing subtle about these at all.

I recently went to the nail supply store and picked up two new polishes.  One of which is this neon pink.  It is a great color, but it takes a minimum of three coats to have complete coverage.  Two days after the shopping I went to get a pedicure (my biggest vice and indulgence) and there was this neon pink Essie color that just screamed out to me. (I normally bring my own polish to the salon but it was a spur of the moment pedi this time).  I will 100% be buying that Essie polish next time I go shopping.

China Glaze - You Drive Me Coconuts, Turned Up Turquoise
OPI - A Grape Fit!
Sinful Colors - Watch it Shine

1 comment:

  1. Love the purple ones. They look so girly and so cute. Great choice indeed!

    ReplyDelete