Thursday, August 15, 2013

ombre stripes

I saw this type of paint job done on another blog.  Honestly - they did a much better job than I did.  Check out the inspiration - http://www.thenailasaurus.com/2013/07/nonoo-resort-2014-inspired-nail-art.html.  They had striping tape and used different polished for the lines.  I did a gradient in purple, let it dry and then stamped the white lines.  I think the white lines are a bit thick and the gradient isn't that obvious.
Maybe a gradient between two different colors, not just light to dark purple would be better with this stamping.  It still looks okay enough that I won't remove it right away.  I did an accent nail of a silver halo.  Then, while removing the white glue (which I use around my nail for quick and easy clean up) I nicked my thumb.  I was not about to start over (base coat, dry, gradient, dry, stamping, top coat).
So I improvised and put a quick coat of the halo on top.  It looks really cool.  And by some source of magic it actually makes the purple gradient stand out more.  I will try this look again, but maybe wait until I get striping tape.  I also have enough purples to do each line a different polish.

OPI - Vant to Bite My Neck?, Do You Lilac It?
Sinful Colors - Amethyst
Sally Hansen - White On
Nails Inc - Electric Lane
plate - Cheeky CH10

No comments:

Post a Comment