Saturday, August 24, 2013

dusk

I knew I wanted to do a blue paint job but was sort of directionless.  I was in the Nicole section of my polishes and saw this silver/black jelly polish.  I thought it would be pretty to do a glitter gradient with it.  Sort of like a dusk effect.
Well, the jelly polish holds a lot of color in the jelly.  Overall, it does look a bit like dusk but more like a city skyline at dusk.  It would be funny to do this paint job again but with more defined lines.  Or doing a proper light blue - black gradient, then a little silver glitter on top.

I love this light blue base color.  I however do not like coverage of the polish.  It takes a proper three coats to get a solid color.  Yet the black/silver jelly polish is so thick.  Has anyone else found this inconsistency with Nicole polishes?  I knew it was a problem with Essie, but since I am rather new to Nicole, I did not know.
Nicole - What's the Mitch-uation?, Luke of the Draw, Stand by Your Manny

No comments:

Post a Comment