Tuesday, December 4, 2012

december challenge: bling

So, I signed up for a monthly challenge and this is my first month with this challenge.  I was super excited when I found out the theme - BLING!!
When I think of bling I think of stones.  Not stone like you find in a field, but gem stones (diamonds, rubies, sapphires, etc).  And when I think of that sort of bling I think of Tiffany's.  I am lucky enough to live close to a city with a Tiffany's store.  It is rare that I walk past without going in and looking.  I do own some Tiffany's jewlery but it is all from the upstairs department (aka where there are few stones and the ones that are there are about the size of a grain of salt). 
I wanted to do a ring paint job.  To many rhinestones on all the nails I think would loose the look for me.  So I came up with two different 'rings'.

The left hand has a simple platinum (silver square studs) band with diamonds (silver/white rhinestones) arrangement.
 Of course I had to take a couple of photos of the bling job with a Tiffany's box.  Nothing super fun came in the box, a monogrammed passport holder that I got for grad school graduation.
The right hand has a diamond (silver/white rhinestones) band with purple stones (I guess sapphires, but these are just different purple rhinestones).  I don't like this one as much as the diamond ring, it doesn't look as clean.  Or going with the theme of this challenge, it's not as bling-y.
Both thumbs are Tiffany's boxes.  Super simple Tiffany's blue base with a pearl ribbon.

 There is just something to a Tiffany's blue box with a white pearl ribbon that looks elegant.  Who ever came up with that for Tiffany's was/is a genius.  The above cake is a cake I did for a 60th birthday.  The husband planned a surprise party for his wife (150++ people) and when it came to deciding on the cutting cake (I made large sheet cakes in back for the rest of the guests), he just said he wanted it Tiffany's blue with some fresh orchids.

I like the look of this but my middle finger is heavy.  Base coat, two coats of black, tons of rhinestones and then a couple clear top coats creates a thick paint job.

Wet & Wild megalast - I Need a Refresh-Mint
Sally Hansen - Celeb City, White On
Sinful Colors - Tokyo Pearl, Black on Black
Check out these other great Bling polish jobs:



8 comments:

  1. Very blingy :) And such a cute idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've nominated you for the Liebster Award :)

    http://polishedart.blogspot.co.uk/2012/12/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. pretty!! :) pass by to see mine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Who doesn't love a bit of Tiffany's!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow...just wow. Looks like you're wearing jewelry on your nail.
    Super gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. very pretty and seriously creative.

    Super job!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a neat idea, love your inspiration!

    ReplyDelete