Friday, December 28, 2012

my first crackle

A friend sent me some great polishes for the holidays.  One of which was my very first crackle/shatter polish.
 I need some more practice with this type of top coat.  I layered it over a polish (ring finger) that is is too sparkly and dark.  I also didn't wait until the base was 100% dry.  It was dry to the touch but if I had pushed with my other nails, it would have left a dent.
 
Overall, I like the look.  I am going to try it over another polish that isn't already so vibrant.  And I will put in the time to wait for the base to totally dry.  Or just find a polish that coats in 1 coat.

Sally Hansen - Crackle Overcoat Wave Break
elf - Futuristic

Have you ever used a crackle/shatter top coat?  Any tips for getting a good shatter/crackle?

No comments:

Post a Comment