Tuesday, December 25, 2012

holiday challenge - we wish you a merry christmas

Last day of the holiday challenge is going out with a bang, 'We Wish You a Merry Christmas'.  Another theme that makes me start singing in my mind:
We wish you a Merry Christmas;
We wish you a Merry Christmas;
We wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Good tidings we bring to you and your kin;
Good tidings for Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Oh, bring us a figgy pudding;
Oh, bring us a figgy pudding;
Oh, bring us a figgy pudding and a cup of good cheer
We won't go until we get some;
We won't go until we get some;
We won't go until we get some, so bring some out here

We wish you a Merry Christmas;
We wish you a Merry Christmas;
We wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
I bet you are singing it in your head now.  Sorry.  Well, I really don't know how to do figgy pudding nails, or even a cup of good cheer.  I just went with the general Christmas theme for this paint job.  Not even the whole Christmas theme, my favorite parts of Christmas.

Candy canes:

Twinkle lights:
Why do I love candy canes?  They are awrsome and one of the few holiday candies left that only happen once a year.  They now have Peeps for every holiday (I saw 4th of July Peeps this year).  Cadbury milk chocolate eggs (not the cream filled ones, the ones with the candy shell) now come in Christmas colors (my jeans do not like that).

I always buy a bunch of mini candy canes because they are the perfect size and my morning drink of choice is hot chocolate.  They are the perfect size to just dump into the hot chocolate.  Plus, simple stripes are easy and after looking through my plates, I had three different stripes.  I will admit I messed up on my pointer finger.  The first go missed a lot of the nail so I re-stamped to give it a plaid sort of pattern.  Now that I look at the nail more, it would actually work really well for a plaid nail.
In college I had white twinkle lights up in my whole room.  They were my main source of light.  I love them.  I love houses that take the time to decorate.  It makes this time of year when it gets dark super early a little bit better.
The 'wire' was a little hard to see since I went with a dark green on a black background/sky.  I added some halo glitter on top which added a little punch.  But I think it still works since that is the magic of twinkle lights.

Essie - A List
OPI - Gettin' Miss Piggy With It
China Glaze - Glittering Garland
Sally Hansen - White On
Sinful Colors - Black on Black
Nails INC - Electric Lane
plates - Cheeky CH10, CH11, CH6

Check out all these other wonderful 'merry christmas' paint jobs:


1 comment:

  1. Two fantastic sets of nails! Now I want a hot chocolate and a candy cane...

    ReplyDelete