Sunday, December 30, 2012

gold gradient

 This was a bit of a throw-together paint job.  I wasn't sure where I was going but I like where I ended up.  The base color is not red but a fuchsia glitter (OPI - You Only Live Twice).  The gold glitter is not loose glitter but polish.  This was an easy job.  Glitter polish is pretty forgiving.
I did give a little change up on a couple of nails.  My middle finger on my right hand (above) is just solid gold glitter.  From previous experience with the gold glitter polish, I slapped a quick base solid metallic gold paint job down first.


There is not a huge swash of gold on the thumb, it is just reacting to the light.  This was a hard paint job to photograph.  No matter what light I tried, it looks red and the gradient is a little hard to see.
And I needed an accent nail on my left hand so I swapped the second coat of fuchsia for the gold glitter.  Again, hard to photograph.  It doesn't look as thick in person.

I like this look.  Again super easy and so many combinations are possible.  Another paint job to add to the quick/last minute paint job file.  Right now I am thinking a solid real red base with this same glitter would be great for Chinese New Years.  This was my first gradient/same-nail-obmre and was sort of cheating with the glitter paint.  I still want to try a real ombre, using mini sponges and all.

OPI - You Only Live Twice, GoldenEye
Sinful Colors - This Is It

Have you ever tried a glitter gradient with a polish glitter?  Do you have a mental (or maybe real) list of go-to quick paint jobs?

No comments:

Post a Comment