Wednesday, December 26, 2012

teal & metal dots

As much fun as holiday paint jobs are, it is nice to have a break from red & green.  I am so happy I survived my first multi-day challenge.  It was great not having the pressure to do a different paint job every day but once a week (twice in the last week).

Since it is still winter and I am feeling the darker nails I wanted to try out a polish I got a while back but have not used yet (MAC).  It is a great deep teal.  As much fun as this color is, it is hard finding colors that work with it.  I knew I didn't want a bunch of glitter, so I went with different metal paint dots.  Metal vs metallic?  Metallic vs pearl?  Those different looks for polishes get very blurry.  Metal polishes for me are the paints that look like metal (gold, silver, bronze, etc).  I thought those would work well with the deep teal and would still have a bit of festive feel.

I have done this style paint job before and I still like the look.  Plus, the color combinations are endless.  It was also nice to just wing it when it came to the paint job.  I am guessing I will come up with a more elabroate paint job for New Years Eve, but until then, this paint job will have to do.
 
The teal is one of those colors that is wicked hard to capture in a photo (at least with my camera).  It appears green in some light, deep blue in others, but in the right light it is a beautiful teal.

MAC - Deep Sea
OPI - GoldenEye
Sally Hansen - Celeb City
Sinful Color - Zincing of You, Super Nova

How do you differentiate between the different types of polishes (pearl, glitter, metallic, etc) in your collection?  Did you do a holiday challenge this year?  What is the longest/largest challenge you have participated in?

No comments:

Post a Comment