Friday, January 18, 2013

gel update

Gel mani update - I am beyond impressed.  They were done 11 days ago and they look just like new.  Well, almost.  The only sign that they were not done today is the gap between the cuticle and the polish.  It is really noticeable because I went with such rich blue.  It is less noticeable on the ring finger.

There has not been a chip, crack or mark.  I am not nice to my nails and was especially not kind to this paint job.  I was up in the mountains for a week.  That including stacking a cord of fireplace wood, shoveling snow, knitting, general wear&tear, etc.  Plus, it was COLD (-4 degrees f) and the cold weather and hot showers are not kind to paint jobs.

On my way back down the mountain I stopped at my nail supply wholesale place.  I was looking into a UV/LED light.  The sales guy was really nice and told me to wait a little while because the technology/chemistry will be advancing more in the next couple of months.  Do you have a light box (not they type for taking photos) for drying your paint jobs at home? Do you understand the difference between the gel UV polishes and the gel LED polishes?

No comments:

Post a Comment