Saturday, January 26, 2013

organizing & micro lens

I am getting organized.  A while back I purchased a drawer unit from a large chain flat-pack box store.  I love it, all my nails stuff is in one of them.  I started arranging the polishes by color.  But I always felt like I was forgetting about some of the great polishes I have.  I am a dork and love playing with those fake-nail-polish-sample-wheels at nail supply stores.  Sort of like trying on clothes without the blow to the ego.  I saw something on another blog a while ago about using fake nails and Popsicle sticks to do this same sort of thing.

I am slowly working my way through my polishes to make this creepy looking things (above) but they are already so much fun.  It is so cheap and I feel like it will pay off more and more as my polish collection grows.  The sticks were $0.03 each, the glue gun was $2.99, glue gun sticks $2.99 for 10, and the fake nails were $6.99 for 200.

I just put a dollop of hot glue on the end of the stick, stuck on just the end of the fake nail, held it for a while, then let it cool.  The 'nail' hangs over enough that I can still place it over my nails to see how it will look with my skin tone and/or over another polish.
Another fun purchase this week was a micro/fish-eye lens for my iphone.  It just slips over the corner of the iphone when you want to use it.  The micro lens is so much fun.  I am going to have to get my cuticles in perfect condition before I start using the micro lens.  I don't think I will use the fish-eye lens with my nails, but both lenses will be fun in the kitchen.


1 comment:

  1. Fab idea :) I saw on Pinterest the other day about painting little circle stickers and putting them on the lids of your polishes, so I might do that later to dodge all the housework that needs doing :D

    ReplyDelete