Thursday, January 10, 2013

gelish


Continuing the 'something new' theme for this month, I tried another new polish.  Not just a new polish but a whole new style paint job.  Well, to be more specific, I basically sat there while someone that is actually skilled in gel polish painted my nails.
Since gel polish is a bigger investment then some other styles that have come out (ex - magnetic, it even comes with the magnet) I wanted to try it at the salon first.  And it would be prefect for a week in the mountains.  It would really get put to the test.

They thought I was crazy because I kept on asking tons of questions (what's that, why is it going on now, etc).  But I wanted to learn encase I like it and decide to invest.  The two biggest pro's about gel polish so far are being able to reach in your purse for your keys as soon as you get out of the seat at the salon. and the fact that the hand massage is the last part.  It is sort of like ending on a calm relaxing note.
The one downside so far is that it lasts so long.  This is both a pro and a con.  If you are always changing your mind on what you want on your nails (like every other day), this would be a really bad polish.  However, I was thinking it would still be possible to dress this paint job up.  Simply using Elmer's Glue.  Using a little of it to glue rhinestones, studs, glitter, etc.  It won't last long, but soak for a bit in warm water and your nails will be clean again.

Gelish Soak-Off - My Sugar Baby, Showstopping

Have you ever had a gel mani? What did you think?  How long did it last?

No comments:

Post a Comment