Tuesday, January 29, 2013

sunset nails

Gradient and stamping on one nail, oh my.
My left hand has been lazy recently (aka when I try and do detailed things, it goes wonky) so I didn't want to try gradient and stamping on my right hand, so I used all the same polishes and did a gradient dot look.  Surprisingly the two hands actually work together.
I think the gradient was a lot more successful this time.  The orange and yellow actually flow together and are smooth. *follow the jump for some more photos*
The stamping design was something sort of tropical looking without being a flower.  The stamping polish is not a red but a deep pink.  When I laid out all the colors with my new swatches, the red just looked off.  The pink made it look softer.
The dots were super easy.  They were done with three different colors (the orange from the gradient and the pink stamping polish, plus a color in between).  Dots are turning into my go-to backup nail art.  So easy and so much fun.
In some twist of fate, the only dots that dragged/streaked were the ones done with OPI.  The other two polishes, Sinful Colors, were prefect, and that is a cheap drug store polish only a step above 99 cent polish.  Don't get me wrong, I have more Sinful Color polishes than any other.  I feel less guilty about buying a color I know I will use once in some specific paint job if it is $1.99 than even $8, much less $20.

OPI - Kinky in Helsinki
Sinful Colors - Cross My Heart, Felling Great
Sally Hansen - Mellow Yellow
plate - Cheeky CH33

Have you ever stamped over a gradient?  Do your hands always match in your paint jobs?  Is it odd to have your hands two totally different designs?  What's your opinion of cheap drug store polishes?

No comments:

Post a Comment