Wednesday, January 2, 2013

glitter tips

 My nails felt naked without polish on them for the past two days so they got an easy paint job this afternoon.  I was picking through my polishes to see if something inspired me.  It turns out these two polishes were next to each other (I have my blue/green and glitters in the same drawer).  I wanted something simple as well so I just winged it.  I like the look.

My hands are awful right now.  I had an order for two cakes and truffles due yesterday.  Wintertime, cold weather, hands in and out of water, plus not applying lotion combines to make dry hands.  It is not good.  I have a nail challenge next week that I wanted to do a water-marble paint job for, but if my hands don't get better, I might have to do something else.
One of the two cakes, guess how old they were turning?  It was a simple marble cake (vanilla and chocolate) with dark chocolate ganache filling, chocolate french meringue buttercream.  The truffles were fresh habanero salted caramel filling with a dark chocolate shell.  They were spicy but so good.  I had to bust out the gloves while working with the fresh habaneros.  My eyes were running from the spice.

Sinful Colors - Rain Storm
Urban Outfitters - Scorcher

How do you keep your hands nice during the winter?  Do you organize your polishes? If so, how do you organize - by color, by make, some other awesome way?

No comments:

Post a Comment