Sunday, January 27, 2013

grey & retro stripes

 
After organizing all of my polishes and making swatches, I 'found' so many polishes that I want to use.  I bought this OPI color a while ago and have been meaning to use it.  It is grey but with some subtle glitter-ness.
*micro photos after the jump*


I also found this awesome blue with some bright blue micro glitter.
I thought they worked well together, but was stuck after the base colors.  I knew I wanted a bit more than just solid colors, but was not sure where to go.  I have no clue how I ended up with the final paint job, but I like the results.  The stripes are three different blues.  Then the same light blue stripe paint is used for the dots on the middle finger.
Overall, it is a wacky paint job, has sort of a retro vibe to it.  It is nice to be able to just let your mind wonder and not remember how you ended up at the final product.  Bonus points for it not ending up looking too bad either.

Sinful Colors - Caio Bella
Sally Hansen - Air
OPI - I Have A Herring Problem
Wet & Wild - Saved By the Blue

How do you get lines/stripes super straight? Do you agree that grey and blue just work together?

No comments:

Post a Comment