Friday, March 29, 2013

black & white disco

I was flipping through my nail swatches for inspiration for this paint job when I opened my glitter swatch box.  I wanted to do something with glitter but I wasn't feeling any sort of color.  Odd sounding I know.  So I pulled a silver halo, black jelly with silver glitters, and one that is aptly named Techno.
*more photos after the jump*

With glitter polishes you have to think about a base color polish to help the glitter pop.  So more playing with the swatches until I came up with come good combos.
A black polish under a black jelly is a no-brainer.  Same with the silver under the halo.  I have never put pearl white under the Techno glitter, but it really works.
It somehow makes the glitter very subtle yet when it catches the light it super pops.  Overall, I like this look.  It is like a youthful black & white paint job with the glitz that nail art brings.

Sinful Colors - Black On Black, Tokyo Pearl
Nicole - Luke of the Draw
China Glaze - Techno
Sally Hansen - Celeb City
Nails Inc - Electric Lane

No comments:

Post a Comment