Saturday, March 16, 2013

st patrick's day gradient

I own very little items of green clothing, so in order to avoid getting pinched (St. Patty's Day) I went with green nails.  But just solid green wouldn't do.  So I went with a gradient on four of the fingers and a pot of gold on the thumb (really just solid gold glitter).
I figured out an amazing trick for gradient paint jobs.  It worked perfectly.  I'm always heasanta about gradient because it gets all over your fingers.  Then, I was gluing something and got some white glue on me.  It dried and peeled off so easily.  Light bulb!!  What if I used the white glue around my nails.
*more after the jump*
So I gently applied the glue and used some toothpicks to clean up a bit.  I let it dry for 5 minutes (it was a super thin coat), then went about the normal paint job process (clear coat, base color coats, gradient, top coat).
I just peeled off the dried glue with a pair of tweezers and AMAZINGLY I only had one tiny spot I needed to clean with brush/acetone.  I am so happy.  A little white glue and letting it dry for 5 minutes is so much quicker than cleaning with acetone.  Plus, it is so much better for my nails.
I love the depth of GoldenEye.  In the whole hand photos it looks so vibrant and super typical gold.  Yet when looking up close it has different layers.  It also changes depending on the base color.  I used a base yellow/gold this time.  But it would look awesome over a deep red.

Sinful Colors - This Is It, Last Chance, Exotic Green, Innocent
OPI - GoldenEye

Am I crazy for using white glue around my nails when doing this paint job?  Are you doing a special paint job for St. Patty's Day?

No comments:

Post a Comment