Friday, March 1, 2013

pink

Another super easy paint job.  The color is great and my first time using the base color.  I added a different glitter polish on each ring finger on each hand for a bit of bling.  As small as my nails now seem, they look really good with such a vibrant color.  Plus, painting is so much easier.  Same with typing on my phone.  It is a great pink in real life, sort of like the dark pink in the Mr Sketch markers.  It has this subtle pink shimmer/glitter in it that you can sort of see manifested as gold glitter in the micro photo.  But for the life of me I cannot capture the pink in photos.  So just picture the dark pink Mr Sketch and not the lipstick red that appears in these photos.
I am a fan of Modern Family so I sort of geeked out when Nicole released the Modern Family collection.  I checked all the stores Nicole listed as retailers and could only find four of the colors.  Then I was at Bed, Bath & Beyond and decided to check the nail section.  Bam, they had the entire collection.  So dangerous and I splurged and now have a total of 8 Nicole Modern Family polishes.   I don't think I will buy any other Nicole polishes because of the price, unless I can find them wholesale like I can with the rest of the salon polishes.

Nicole - A Like-Haley Story, Haley Good Lookin'..., She's Lily Something

Do you have any tips on trying to capture the real polish color in photos?  Am I the only one that still uses Mr Sketch markers?

No comments:

Post a Comment