Tuesday, March 12, 2013

march polish days - vintage

March's Polish Day challenge theme is 'Vintage'.  This is a great theme but super open to interpretation.  Vintage can be an old classic polish, from a past era (think 70's inspired nails), maybe a lace polish, etc etc.  I came up with a bunch of ideas which I am guessing I will use this month.

*more after the jump*

 At first I wanted to do something with one of my first salon polishes - Lincoln Park After Dark from when it was first released in 2005.  Yes, it is not 3-free and has the skinny brush, but it is an awesome polish that still goes on like it is brand new.  But then I got an email from my high school informing me that our 15 year reunion was only 365 days away.  YIKES!!  But then, when thinking about high school I was inspired by our school uniforms.  That's considered vintage, isn't it?  Especially considering the school has had the same uniform for 50 years.  Our uniforms were a peter pan type blouse and matching skirt in gingham yellow/white, blue/white or pink/white.  Scary I know.  So I went with gingham nails but changed it a bit to a gingham plaid because it had more of an effect.

I topped all the stamping with a matte polish because gingham cloth is subtle yet exciting.

Sally Hansen - Hard Lemonade, White On
Essie - Neo Whimsical
OPI - Do You Lilac It?
Sinful Colors - Why Not, Innocent

Come back later in the month to see some of my other vintage inspired paint job ideas.  In the mean time check out these other great blogs and their 'vintage' inspired paint jobs:



1 comment:

  1. Aww I remember my gingham school dress, I loved it! Great mani!

    Aysh xox

    ReplyDelete