Saturday, October 20, 2012

black & orange

Despite the fact that I am stuck at home with a wicked bad cold, I have not been that inspired to do a paint job.  I had to remove the last nail job on Thursday night because I had to make cookies (snickerdoodles, sugar cookie brooms/oak leaves/flowers) so I have been naked for three days.  My nails have liked the break but I felt like I need to paint them.  However, I could not think of anything to paint.  I know I did not want to do stamping, too much work**.



I browsed my list of nail blogs I like.  Still not inspired until I saw this (http://polishedart.blogspot.com/2012/10/31-day-challenge-and-pink-friday-mash-up.html#comment-form).  Yes, I know, that pink/white simple & georgous nail job looks nothing like what I ended up doing.  How did that paint job inspire me?  It is simple yet still really pretty.  I just got a couple of no named polishes (literally, there is no name on the bottle or the box, so I have no clue who makes them, it was in the Halloween costume section) that are all very franken looking.  One is a clear base with orange & black glitter (slivers, hex and micro fine).  I thought this was very Halloween-y and would look great over some black base.  But just all the same would be a little boring so I jazzed up my middle finger with some simple rhinestones in different sizes.  The base color on the middle finger is more crayola orange in real life, it is just one of those colors that does not photograph very well.

Simple paint job that is very seasonal yet not over the top.  I think I might bring this back around the other holidays with different color combos.  Plus, the no-named polish came five to the box and they are all fun glitters/jelly.  Think Valentines day, all different pinks with the center nail white with red rhinestones.

**stamping is not a lot of work but when you have a fever and just changing the dvd uses up all my energy, stamping is out of the question

Sinful Colors - Courtney Orange, Black on Black
no name - ??

Have you ever bought a polish that is not labeled?  Besides a standard paint job, what do you consider simple and elegant?

No comments:

Post a Comment