Wednesday, October 10, 2012

stamping plate holder

I don't have that many stamping plates (26) but it was getting a little hard to just keep them in a pile in a zip lock bag.  Plus, I was worried they would get scratched.  I got some baseball card sheets and a small three pronged folder.  It might have been nice to have them all in their own little pockets but the baseball sheet was just not strong enough.  Plus, I once picked up the folder upside down and a vast majority of the plates fell out.  Not good.  I searched all over my house for another solution.  I had a business card folder that only had a few cards in it.  The plates were about 4 mm to big to fit. ERRR.  To the store it was.  I brought a plate with me to try the fit out at the store.

Guess what I found?  A perfect holder for the stamping plates.  It can hold up to 60 plates (my credit card just yelled a little) and the opening is towards the spine of the folder so it is really hard for the plates to accidentally fall out.  It is also small so it can fit into my tool box.  Each page holds 6 cards, three front, three back.  It also has a great removable spine label, so if you have a lot of plates and want different folders for things, this would be a great way to organize. 

Here is the information for the folder:
Itoya, Art Porfolio, Business Card Mini Photo Album.  I got mine at Container Store and it was less than $10.

How do you organize your stamping plates?  How many plates do you have?  What are your favorites?

No comments:

Post a Comment