Friday, October 5, 2012

ufo in space







I made a nail polish!  Well, I added stuff to clear polish to create a color.  I bought a bunch of glitter a while ago at the craft store.  Some of it bleeds (aka the color leaks from the polish and flows around the clear top coat).  I went through all my glitters and put the bleeding glitters aside.  But then I thought of jelly polishes.  To me a jelly polish is one that has some color but is also somewhat transparent.  I took a half empty bottle of clear polish and added some of the bleeding glitters (hex, fine, rough and the long skinny kind, is that called confetti?).  I mixed and mixed and the final color is this great grape purple with A LOT of glitter.  Some of the glitter has lost the purple/blue color and is just now silver.  But with the jelly effect of the polish it still works.  I layered this polish (I have named it Grape Jelly) over a deep purple.  It had this space/night sky quality to it so I added some silver stars from a plate.  But then, when flipping through my plates to find the mini stars I found a UFO!!  So I added the UFO to the thumb.

The next day I was wondering what some of my other glitter jelly polishes look like so I added a coat to my nails...

One simple blue jelly glitter to the left and this awesome green/blue glitter to the right.  To be honest, I only bought the green/blue glitter for marking my kitchen tools.  I have a bright sparkly pink to mark my knives.  Why mark your tools like this?  It makes it very very clear what tools/knives are yours so people are less likely to steal them.

I'm not a fan of the way the blue jelly polish turned out with all the other stuff under.  I do however love the green/blue glitter.  I think it would look awesome on top of just a black polish.

Sinful Colors - Mesmerize, Green Ocean, Nail Junkie
mine - Grape Jelly
Plate - Cheeky CH4

Has anyone made their own polish before?  Do you use jelly polishes?

No comments:

Post a Comment