Friday, October 26, 2012

halloween party


Okay, I will admit, I did another paint job yesterday.  One hand was candy corn and the other was glow-in-the-dark.  It was okay but I just didn't like it.  The pink glow was just too pink.  The candy corn looked a bit much on one whole hand.  I didn't even take a picture before peeling/wiping it off.  I did want to keep a subtle Halloween theme but something that would be fun.  Then I stopped in Urban Outfitters this morning.  They had some awesome glitter nail polishes.  I got four different ones and wanted to use at least one of them in this paint job.  I also wanted a little candy corn and one other accent.  I also picked up a holo polish at Sephora last week that I wanted to use.  So that is how this polish job came to be.  And to make it more fun the accent nails are different on each hand.



Each hand has a candy corn nail.  Each hand also has a holo nail with ghost eyes.  It is all very subtle yet whimsical.  I also hope my nephews will think it is cool.  Yes, they might be boys who would rather play in the mud, but hopefully they think the ghost eyes are funny at least.

The eyes are super easy to do if you have a dotting tool with two different size tips.  They are just dots within dots.  I think an entire nail of this might actually look neat, if they were all arranged in a perfect grid.  It would have an abstract feel to it.

To take these photos, specifically the candy corn pinky, I had to open one of my packages of candy corn.  It is such a strange candy.  The first three pieces are great, the fourth is okay and the fifth is just nasty.

Sally Hansen - Sun Kissed, White On, Mellow Yellow, Celeb City
Nails Inc - Electric Lane
Sinful Colors - Secret Admirer
Urban Outfitters - Scorcher

Did you do a paint job for Halloween?  Have you ever done a paint job, then realized it just wasn't working?

No comments:

Post a Comment