Monday, October 22, 2012

* or fireworks

 (left)
 (right)
I Got tired of the dark nails and orange nails just sort of irk me.  I needed to go with a lighter overall paint job and since I am still at home sick but with a little more energy, I went for a stamp job.  I almost did the base in a white pearl but thought it would take too much away from the hex glitter accents.  So basic white it was.


I have lots of polishes but thought matte stamping colors would be good.  The nails are not in rainbow order but they were stamped in rainbow order.  What can I say, I am lazy and didn't clean the plate before each color.  I actually like the mix-y-ness of not cleaning between.  It is really clear on the index of my left hand.  It is supposed to be butter yellow but it has a little bit of lime color to it.

And since I want this paint job to last for a couple of days (candy corn nail job post to come on Friday), I wanted one that was smooth to the touch.  Rhinestones tend to catch on various things (hair, pockets, sheets, etc) and so they don't last long unless I pile on the top coat.  But then you end up with heavy thick nails that tend to come of like they are fake nails.

OPI - Got the Blues for Red
Sinful Colors - Mesmerize, Feeling Great, Dream On, Innocent, Cross My Heart, Exotic Green, Amethyst, Why Not
Sally Hansen - Mellow Yellow, White On
Plate - Cheeky CH12

Have you ever used a stamp multiple times for the same paint job with different color polishes without cleaning between?

No comments:

Post a Comment