Friday, February 22, 2013

Academy Awards (the oscars)

My last paint job (champagne cocktail) inspired me to do a full on Oscars paint job.  I am a little bit of a movie nut (Netflix looses money with my account) and I love the Oscars.  The Golden Globes definitely rocked this year and set the bar extremely high for the Oscars.  I also either have or go to an Oscar party every year.
*more after the jump*
I went with five different nails that all fit within the Oscar theme.  And to make it even more complicated, my left and right hand are different but with the same theme/ideas.

 I had to have an Oscar statue.  I didn't want to go for basic black background, so I used a black with a micro silver glitter in it.  The Oscar was done with a dotting tool, first with a goldish paint then another coat of a gold glitter.  It doesn't look exactly like a Oscar and doesn't have a lot of details but it works.
The red carpet is the same on both hands, just different nails.  This was super easy, just red paint then the black stripes.  It was free-handed because I didn't want to wait for the red to dry completely before using tape.  To complete the look, the red polish is named A-List, totally fitting.

This polish for champagne looks like a more expensive champagne then my last paint job.  I added a little strawberry and some bubbles.  It's all very subtle.

Tuxedo nails!  They are so much fun.  The bows are a bit wonky because working with a micro brush just wasn't working for me.  But overall tux nails are super easy.  Just base coat (shirt color of choice) then stripe over with black paint.  Add the bow and dot on some buttons.

I totally guessed what the trend will be for dresses this year.  I went with nude, hints of metallic and dark lace overlay.  Maybe I was just influenced by Beyonce at the Superbowl.  I am super loving the second dress paint job.  It is very delicate.  The metallic is very subtle in real life (aka not in bright sunshine and under a micro lens).  And the darker yet delicate net stamp ties it all together.  I think I might be re-using this nail's look again sometime soon.

Oscar - Sinful Colors (Secret Admirer, This Is It), OPI (GoldenEye)
Red Carpet - Essie (A-List), Sinful Colors (Black on Black)
Champagne - OPI (Up Front & Personal), Sinful Colors (All About You)
Tuxedo - Sinful Colors (Black on Black), Sally Hansen (White On)
Dress - Sinful Colors (Muse, Super Nova), OPI (Coney Island Cotton Candy)
Dress plates - Cheeky (CH6, CH23, CH11, CH50)

No comments:

Post a Comment