Sunday, February 17, 2013

blue & pink *updated

Another wondering mind paint job.  I have been wanting to use the two blue base polishes for a while.  I like this paint job, just not so sure about the glitter over on the pointer finger.  Maybe it would look a little better with another glitter coat.
*updated paint job above* After looking at the pink glitter, it just didn't look right.  Then I remembered another glitter paint that was light blue and fuschia, a mix of all sizes of glitter, and jam packed with glitter.  I applied a thick coat over the pink glitter (it is going to take forever to dry) and it looks so much better.  It is like the stamping nail paints got put in a shredder and became a jelly glitter polish.  

I do like the balance of the pink stamping paint with the glitter pink, it brings the paint job together at little bit more.  Plus the light blue paint has a light pink glitter undertone that looks awesome in bright sunlight.

I am also in serious like with this dark blue color (Nicole - What's the Mitch-uation?).  It has a purple undertone but still very blue with a lot of shine.  The only thing I am not sure about is the amount of coverage.  It really needs 3 coats of color, which takes a long time to dry (boo).
Overall, looking at this paint job, I think I would skip the glitter over coat, or make it a glitter gradient with loose pink glitter.

Nicole - What the Mitch-uation? (dark blue), Haley Good Looking (pink glitter)
Sinful Colors - Cinderella (lt blue), Feeling Great (pink)
Urban Outfitters - Chilly (blue & purple glitter)

Any tips for getting pink polish out of cuticles?  Pure acetone worked a bit but it still stuck in the cuticle.  Maybe it will just come off when I do the dishes after dinner.

2 comments:

  1. lovely look!
    im your newest follower!
    would love if you checked out my blog sometime!
    <3
    varnishvixen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elizabeth.
      Your blog is great. You are awesome at gradients. And that water marble is wicked impressive. Water marbling is one of the paint jobs out there I want to try but am super intimidated by.

      Delete