Saturday, February 23, 2013

birthday party

So, after posting my Academy Award nails, my Aunt asked me if I was free tonight to come and paint nails at her daughter's 9th birthday party.  The theme for the party was an Awards Show so she thought the tux nails would be perfect.  So I packed up a few polishes, tools, rhinestones, stamps, etc and headed over to their house.

It turned out to be a lot of fun.  The hardest part was painting on a small scale.  9 year old's nails are a lot smaller than mine (duh) and they are super bouncy.  I ended up painting most of the girl's nails and doing tux nails on the thumbs of the one boy guest.

*photos after the jump*

The photos are not great because it is almost impossible to get a good photo of a 9 year old's nails when they are hopped up on chocolate cake and running around with their friends.
dark blue on all the nails with a tux on the middle
tux pinky and thumb, orange base with blue polka dots
orange was her favorite color
tux pinky and thumb, dog prints on the rest
tux thumb, silver dog prints on the rest
the birthday girl's nails
tux thumb with rhinestone buttons
& assorted pinks & purples on the rest
tux thumb (red coat, blue bow tie, blue rhinestone buttons)
& dog print on the rest

I have no idea what colors I used because I was just trying to keep track of all the stuff rather than what paints I was using.  The funniest part of the night was most of the girls just started with a tux thumb paint job but then one girl got brave and wanted stamping.  Then when she went back to the group, the other girls saw what she got and they all wanted the rest of their nails painted.  Then, during the middle of the movie, the one boy guest came out of the movie room and asked if he could get a tux on his thumbs.

All in all, I have never been so exhausted after painting nails.

No comments:

Post a Comment