Thursday, February 7, 2013

primary stripes

Another directionless paint job.  I knew I wanted to do something with blue, red and yellow.  I thought about gradient but I wanted to keep the colors true and not mix to get other colors (green, orange and purple).
I started with planning on paper (yes, I am a dork).  It is a simple paint job but figuring out the color combos is easier when you can do it on paper first.
*more after the jump*
 
I still have not invested in striping tape so the lines are still rustic and done by hand.  Just base color (one, two or three coats depending on coverage), let totally dry.  Then hand paint on the lines with a tiny brush.
I love the red as a base but it does not work as a stripe, especially over the blue.  It is too deep.  Overall I get a old school comic book vibe from this paint job.
Nothing too complicated, basically just a paint job to hold me over until a Valentines' paint job.

Sally Hansen - Mellow Yellow
Essie - Bordeaux
Wet&Wild - Saved by the Bell

Is striping tape worth the investment?  Can you recommend a red polish that is more vibrant but still a true red?  Are you doing a special paint job for Valentine's Day?

No comments:

Post a Comment