Thursday, February 21, 2013

champagne cocktails

I made a list of food inspired paint jobs I want to do in the future.  Champagne was at the top of the list.  And what better time to try a champagne paint job than for the Oscars.
*more after the jump*
I picked up a wheel of fruit nail decor at a store a couple of months ago.  I have been meaning to use them somehow, and this was the perfect opportunity.
I started with a base of gold polish (three coats because it is so thin).  Then, starting at the base of my nail I added the gold glitter polish (the bubbles).  The glitter polish doesn't go all the way up to the tips of the nails, just like the bubbles in champagne.
While the glitter polish was still tacky, I stuck the strawberry on.  Then the normal top coat.  A super easy look but also fun.  There are other polishes that would be better champagne color, well, more expensive champagne, but this gold polish works for this paint job.

elf - Golden Goddess
Sinful Colors - This Is It

Are you doing a special paint job for the Oscars?  Have you ever used fruit in a paint job?

No comments:

Post a Comment