Tuesday, February 5, 2013

february polish days - back to nature

This month's Polish Day is "Back to Nature".  At first I thought I would do a sunset paint job, but I just did a paint job that was very sunset-esk.  I decided on something I have been wanting to try but have always been too chicken - animal prints.  Well, animal print on one hand, dandelion on the other.

*more photos after the jump*
I knew I didn't want colors that were too loud with the animal print.  I am not a fan of animal print on me and making it bright pink would not work. I have seen other people's animal print paint jobs and they look fantastic on them, it just isn't my personal style.
There are five different metallic paints as the base color.  All stamps are done with basic black.  I finally decided to use my pure acetone to remove the stamp around the nail.  Why haven't I been using this all along.  So much easier, and it works.
I saw this dandelion paint job a while back and it has been on my try list for while (http://madmanis.blogspot.com/2011/06/weeds-can-be-pretty-too.html).  The 'back to nature' would be the perfect time to try it.
I think it works with the animal prints on the other hand, sort of like the animals are roaming the fields.

OPI - Do You Lilac It, Up Front & Personal
Sally Hansen - Write On, Celeb City
Sinful Colors - Black On Black, Muse, Zincing of You, Super Nova
elf - Futuristic
plates - Cheeky CH2 & CH1
Check out these other great 'back to nature' paint jobs:



7 comments:

  1. Aaah, I love them both! I recreated that dandelion a little while ago as well - it's just so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I'm loving the dandelion paint job. Not as girly as other flower paint jobs and has an element of movement to it. Plus it was super easy, even with my left hand.

      Delete
  2. I love both but especially animal print one looks SO HOT!!
    It can be worn for clubbing, no? :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love the idea of animal print nails for clubbing. Would be awesome with a white base especially under black lights

      Delete
  3. I do have a bit of a thing for animal print, looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I love them both, too. Great post and lovely manis!!!!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete