Friday, February 8, 2013

black & red

 I went to the flower mart this morning and am now in the Valentine's mood.  Maybe not totally pink & red, but a little bit of it rubbed off on me.  Side note - I love the flower mart, whole sale flowers sold in large bunches with no fillers.  You can buy the fillers at another stall, but I don't like cabbage in my flowers.  1 dozen spider mums for 5 bucks - yes please.  Plus, so many orchid stores with almost every type and size orchid plant you could dream of.
This was a super easy paint job.  I have been wanting to use this red glitter jelly for a while.  It is in a black jelly that is not quite thick enough alone but looks great over a base of solid black.  Then a deep red on the pinky (I think pinky accent nails should be called high tea accents).
*more after the jump*
The hearts are NOT done by hand.  I bough a sheet of nail stickers last fall (holiday themed stickers are always so much cheaper off season) and have been waiting five months to use them.  It looks really good over the black base.  You can see the sticker base a little bit (thank you micro lens) but not enough to worry about it.
Both right and left hand are the same.  Well, almost.  The heart points a different direction on each pointer finger.  I also wanted to do the two accent nails with a matte finish but the sticker messed with that plan.  The sticker has a clear base, but the base in a solid heart shape, not just under the glitter.  I thought it would look a little odd if the center of the heart was glossy but the rest of the nail was matte.  Consequences of cheating with stickers and not doing the heart by hand.

OPI - Malaga Wine
Spoiled - Ants In My Pants
Sinful Colors - Black on Black

Are you doing a special Valentine's paint job? Have/do you use nail stickers? Is black and red a little to emo for Valentine's Day?

No comments:

Post a Comment