Tuesday, February 12, 2013

pink hearts


Pink, pink, hearts, and some more pink.  I caved and did a girly Valentine's Day paint job.  I went through all my plates and pulled all the ones with hearts.  It turns out there are a lot of them, especially in those little side decals.
*more after the jump*
 I narrowed it down to just three.  Then I went through my paint sticks and pulled all the pink.  Wow, I have a lot of pink paint, especially when you start mixing in the glitter polishes.  I picked five pinks, then sat down with pen and paper and planned it out (dorkness I know).
The white looking paint is not white but a really light pink.  I guess with the darker pink paint stamped on top, it makes the light pink appear white.  I still like it.  Then I went for a vibrant pink on the two solid nails.
After applying the top coat to all the nails, the solid nails looked a bit lackluster.  I remembered I have a wheel of colored shaped rhinestones.  I don't really use them so it is in the back of the drawer.  I quickly pulled it out and found there was one heart shape.  I quickly pushed in the rhinestones and did another top coat.
Overall, I like them.  But I am happy they only have to last for two days.  I do like the colors and the hearts and the girly-ness but all at one time is a bit much for me.




This OPI color (You Only Live Twice) is impossible to capture in a photo.  It is a beautiful fuchsia that shows up red in photos.  I tried all different lights/bulbs/areas/etc of my house and nothing worked.  I tried two different cameras and nothing worked. Oh well, better to look good in real life rather than only in a photo.


MAC - Girl Trouble
OPI - Kinky in Helsinki, You Only Live Twice
Sinful Colors - Feeling Great, Easy Going
plates - Cheeky CH15, clairs ?

Are you doing a special Valentine's Day paint job?  Have you used shaped rhinestones? When organizing polishes, have you ever been surprised that you have a lot of one specific color/type?

No comments:

Post a Comment