Wednesday, November 21, 2012

crimson & gold

Before I even start, I need to say that this polish job was not photographed until after a round of golf.  It is not pretty but I am not really careful with my nails when playing golf.  That being said, on to the paint job...
 
It is basically the same paint job as before but with different base color and the gold studs.  I was also limited by what I packed for Thanksgiving out of town.  Overall, it wasn't that bad considering it was done the night before Thanksgiving in a hotel room, using the in-room-info binder as a table.  It was a bit nurve racking because I was freaked out about spilling the polish or polish remover.  Mind you, I haven't spilled at home, but it would be 100 times worse at a swanky hotel.  I can't even imagin that room charge.  How would you even remove nail polish from carpet?

What is also rather odd is that I wear a glove on my left hand when playing golf and that hand had more chip-age than the non-gloved hand.
I am liking studs because they are so easy to use and they don't stick up as much as rhinestones.  I used my cheap version of GoldenEye on my pinky.  It took four coats to build up to that coat.  I need to find a solid metallic gold base.

China Glaze - Sugar Plums
Sinful Colors - All About You

Any recommendations on a solid gold color?  Have you ever packed nail supplies for a road trip?  Do you get paranoid about doing nails in other places that you don't own?





No comments:

Post a Comment