Sunday, November 18, 2012

halo stripe

First before getting to this mornings paint job - MAC's Everything That Glitters was amazing.  It did not chip at all.  Since I paint my nails so often, I am not nice to them unless they are for a specific reason.  This paint job was rock solid.  And it wasn't that hard to remove.  Guess there is something to nice polishes.  Okay, on to the new paint job.  Sorry for the awful clean up and dried cuticles, I have not slept in two days and my hand-eye coordination is a bit wonky.  So, they are just going to be a little messy until they come off, which I am guessing will be later today.

I didn't know where I wanted to go with this paint job.  I got some striping tape from the model store.  It has all different thicknesses, I went for medium/skinny to block out the center halo stripe.  It was a little hard to use on the halo polish because of the glitter texture.  I also like the thickness on the thumb, index and middle.  But wish I had gone a bit skinnier on the ring and pinky.  Live and learn.
Overall this was a simple paint job.  Just paint the base color (*when I say base color, this color goes over the base clear coat*) 1 or 2 coats over the entire nail.  Let it dry.  I can't stress this enough.  If the base color polish is not dry, it will peel off when you remove the tape.  Apply the tape in any design you want.  Make there is some tape overhang.  This will help when lifting it off to remove.  Unless you are used to working with tape on your nails, it is better to do one hand at a time.  Once the tape is down, paint your other colors.  Let dry a few seconds and peel off the tape.  Again, if you let the top color dry too much, when you peel off the tape the polish will come with it.  Finish with your desired top coat.

After posting the photos, I realized this polish job is very similar to some of the other paint jobs I have done, just with a skinny hand painted gold stripe.  Also, after having bright gold nails for a couple of days then the dark black.  I feel like I need to go back to a bright color.  The weather here is glum, and maybe some bright pink nails would help.

Nails INC - Electric Lane
Sinful Colors - Rain Storm, Amethyst

Do you have a favorite hardy polish?  One that doesn't chip, peel or get wonky.  When blocking with tape, what tape do you use?

No comments:

Post a Comment