Wednesday, November 14, 2012

stars


I knew I could last long with just a one color polish job.  Stamping it would have to be since rhinestones and/or studs wouldn't work with GoldenEye.  GoldenEye is just so vibrant, glittery and matalic, it would be hard to find a rhinestone that would work (oh no, I now have a new mission).

The stamping polish would have to be something rich and deep as well to hold up against the gold.  I also wanted something within the same sparkle family (I don't think that term would work or be understood anywhere outside of the nail art world).  My new China Glaze color would be perfect.  I currently have it on my toes, a perfect pedi fall color.

I started with just the double star plate on the middle nail but it still needed a bit more to balance the gold.  I went through my plates and found a ton of stars, especially the little designs that they fit on to the large pattern plates.  Turns out, on one of the plates, there was the full nail patter (pinky) and a small star clump design (thumb).  Perfect, less plates to clean.

This paint job was also nice to do because they are nicer polishes (OPI and China Glaze).  They are not the highest level polishes but they are steps above Sinful Colors and Wet&Wild.  Yes, it might all be the same sort of polish but there is just something a little better about OPI.  It is always consistent.  Since I have a lot of polishes and they don't have to last for very long, I will admit that a majority of my collection is the $3 and under stuff from the drug store.  I do have some OPI, but they are the ones that I tend to wear on my toes all the time.  I bring them with me when a get a pedi and then am able to do touch ups at home.  I honestly can't spend more than $10 on a polish, it just feels wrong to me.  I have been gifted some Dior, Estee Lauder, MAC and love them.  Unless I find a color that I think is super amazing and can't live without, I don't think I will change. 

OPI - GoldenEye
China Glaze - Sugar Plums
plates - Cheeky CH4 & CH51

Do you find a difference between lower end drug store polishes, beauty store polishes and department store polishes?  Does the term 'within the same sparkle family' make sense to you?

No comments:

Post a Comment