Sunday, November 11, 2012

glitter glitter glitter

So after such a subtle paint job on Friday, I went for something totally in the other direction.  The feather job is still on the burner, I just felt like doing a simple paint job this afternoon.  Simple meaning no tools (stamps, plates, dotting tools, etc) needed, just polish.  I am going to go in reverse here and show you the final product first.
 left

right

Yes, lots and lots and lots of glitter.  I used 10 different glitter polishes (I have even more, but I thought these went together) plus 10 different base coats.  Why a base coat?  Because a lot of these glitter polishes are simply glitter suspended in clear polish.  This is very clear on my right middle finger.  The base color is a pearl purple and the glitter polish is simply the fuchsia and teal glitter flakes.

With this base coat of color, I didn't have to do lots of glitter polish coats, just two.  Here is the paint job after only one coat of glitter polish.
 right
left
I think it looks fine after one coat of glitter, but I was really going for super glitter.  This is going to be hard polish to get off.  Hopefully after a long shower it will just peel off.  (Sorry, I like puns, hence the name of this blog, and those last two sentences were full of great puns, dirty ones, but punny none the less)

Just to show you how some of the glitter polishes afected the base color, here are the nails with just one coat (that is all I did) of the base color.
 right

 left
I actually like the different color look, it is something I did all the time in high school.  I would pick other colors that all flow together, but it is another simple look.  Yes, I sort of did cheat with the silver base coat on my left thumb, but it is what I thought would work under that glitter polish.  Overall this was a simple paint job that has infinite combinations.  They all have the same base base coat and top coat (clear) so it will be interesting to see how the different nails hold up since there are all different brands with the color base and glitter paints.

**UPDATE** - my left index finger paint totally peeled off in the shower.  It caught on something and came off in one sheet, it looked like a fake nail.  So, since this paint job is so miss-match, I went with a totally different base & glitter.  Black base and a red glitter with a black jelly base.  It looks really good.  I wasn't sure about this red/black jelly when I first got it but since it was 99 cents and looked really pretty, I got it.  I am glad I did.  It will work well for the holidays without being too holiday-y.

Sally Hansen - Strawberry Icing, Celeb City
Urban Outfitters - Lollipop, Scorcher, Afterhours, Chilly
Sinful Colors - Nail Junkie, Why Not, Let's Talk, Cinderella, Tokyo Pearl, Mesmerize, Easy Going, Green Ocean, Frenzy, Rise and Shine, Amathyst
no name - fuchsia/teal glitter, purple glitter, pink/silver glitter
*if you would like to know which specific color are on a specific nail, ask in the comments

What is the most amount of glitter polish you have used?  Do you use a base color under your glitter polish?  Is it too much to have every single nail be a different color but still within the same theme?

No comments:

Post a Comment