Saturday, November 24, 2012

french dots

Someone bought this Estee Lauder polish and didn't like it so they gave it to me.  It is so pretty in the bottle but such an odd color when on my nails.  It is sort of apricot brown pearl.  It might look great under a gold glitter polish or as a base under a stamp job.

 But since I was still out of town in the hotel, I was limited by what I could do.  I didn't bring any of my stamping stuff with me but I did bring a dotting tool.
 So a simple french mani with dots instead of solid.  Such a simple polish job but adds a little bit of flare.  The above photo really shows off the brown-ness of the polish.  It really changes color in different light.
 The above photo is with a flash.  I don't think I will ever use this polish as a single color again, it just doesn't work with my skin tone.

Estee Lauder - Frozen Fantasy
Sinful Colors - Tokyo Pearl

Have you ever been disappointed with a polish?  Have you ever used a polish that was a totally different color in the bottle than it appeared on your nails?

No comments:

Post a Comment