Friday, November 16, 2012

everything that glitters

This was a whimsical polish job.  I wanted to use a new polish and play off of the glitter in the polish.  My left and right hand are the same since it was such an easy application.  I haven't used shaped rhinestones before, even though I have two wheels of them. **I promise that there are no bald spots on my nails or with this polish, it is the outside light reflecting off the nails**



I know I said I don't usually get department store polishes, but when someone offers to buy me two, what type of friend would I be to say no?  I got two new MAC polishes!  I picked out one MAC and one Butter London.  Upon returning to the MAC counter (yes, I had to buy some of their holiday mini compacts), the sales person showed me MACs polish that matched the Butter London polish.  In the bottle, they looked almost exactly alike.  I got the MAC polish (Everything That Glitters) instead of the Butter London.  I wish I had tried both on at the store first.  It is still up for debate, but I am not sure about Everything That Glitters.  It goes on perfectly with two coats, but that is where it ends.  In the bottle, it looks sparkle-y and sort of majestic.  After clear base coat, two coats of color and one top coat, it looked dull.  It is a hungry glitter polish.  That means when you put a top coat on, it somehow gets absorbed into polish and all the shine goes away.  There is also a texture to the nail.  I just put a second coat of top coat on and am happier with the result.  There is more shine and the glitter in the polish is more prominent.

**UPDATE - the second top coat did work for a while, they are definitely more shiny and smooth than just one coat.  But they are not at all like a normal finish.  I think three top coats might be a bit much.

MAC - Everything That Glitters

Have you ever been disappointed with a polish?  When faced with twin polishes, what have you found as the best way of picking between the two brands?  Any suggestions for 'thirsty glitter polishes'?

No comments:

Post a Comment