Tuesday, November 13, 2012

goldeneye

Well, like many other movie goers this past weekend, I saw 'Skyfall'.  I loved it.  I see very few movies in the theater because tickets are so expensive, other people that act like they at home on their own private couch, it just isn't worth it for movies that don't utilize the big surround sound.  Don't get me wrong, I love going to the movies.  Especially big action types, like 'Skyfall'.  I also know about the OPI Skyfall collection.  I am guessing there weren't many other people in the massive theater paying attention to all the actors nails.  The main Bond Girl (the poster girl for the OPI collection) had amazing nails.  They were long, the deep red from the collection with what looked like a golden stud in the middle.  After thinking about it, I am guessing it was a dot of GoldenEye.

I only have one color from this OPI collection, GoldenEye.  I was really excited about this color, it looks magnificent in the bottle, rich and deep golden, borderline bronze.  After seeing the movie, I was determined to do a paint job with GoldenEye.  I decided not to do a base color, just layer up the GoldenEye and do a deep red/purple stamp on top.  After 1 coat of GoldenEye, I started to get worried.  Here is after two coats:
When directly in the sunlight, it is very nice and gold.  However, when the light hits it at a side angle...

It doesn't look that good & gold.  It actually appears sort of peachy.  Since I have time to let the polish dry before trying to stamp, I applied a third coat of GoldenEye...
Much better.  Really gold, and it stays gold at all angles.  So, three coats of GoldenEye are needed if you don't do a base color.  Now that I know GoldenEye is not super thick, I wonder what just one thin coat over a base color would look like.  Now, I just have to wait for the polish to totally dry before stamping.

**update - I love this gold color.  I am not a gold person at all, no gold jewelry, no gold/yellow type clothes.  I haven't really worn a gold polish like this before.  But it works with my skin tone.  It is gold but it is mellow.  That doesn't even make sense.  It will be different for everyone, but if you are not a gold person, this might just be the gold that gets you.

OPI - GoldenEye

Have you bought anything from the OPI Skyfall collection?  How long do you wait before stamping?


1 comment:

  1. Haha, I always notice people's nails on TV programmes and stuff - I'm sure my boyfriend must get sick of me interrupting films to pass comments on the characters' manicures.

    I haven't picked up any Skyfall polishes yet. I don't think there's any colours that are unique enough in my collection to justify buying :( Apart from the glitter. More glitter can always be justified!

    ReplyDelete